52 Weeks-Trying to get back to the swing of things!
June 24, 2011 6 Comments
I didn’t get much done. Flights into Humboldt are expensive, so I picked up and dropped off my daughter and granddaughter in Sacramento (approximately 5 hours away) . Ally kept me busy all week. My daughter was shooting a wedding and another family photo shoot. We baked cupcakes and worked in the garden, picked strawberries, played and played and played.
I got home Monday afternoon and it took another day to rest up and recuperate. I had so much paperwork piling up I decided to concentrate on that this week. First I took the stack and organized into like items:
1. Mailed checks and cards to 4 graduates.
2. Filled out form to transfer DH’s Roth IRA from one broker to another (have been meaning to do this for so long it’s embarrasing).
3. Matched EOBs and medical pills.
4. Paid bills for our rental home.
5. Inventoried and did a little grocery shopping.
6. Brought home granddog from Sacramento (older daughter met us overnight to see her sister and niece), who then ran herself ragged and could barely walk after 3 days. Took her to the vet.
7. Took both dogs to groomers yesterday, then ran to town and ran errands.
8. Filled out paperwork for county sheriff’s office for our new alarm system.
9. Filled out pink slip, signing our oldest truck (#3) over to my older brother. Our girls in Reno were using it, but they were done with it and let’s face it….3 trucks are too many! My older brother had asked what we were going to do with it. We decided to just give it to him since it needs new brakes and we don’t know what else may be wrong with it. Every vehicle we have ever owned has been given or sold for a minimal amount to a family member…..how weird is that? He paid to have it shipped from Reno to Washington State where he lives.
10. Did laundry, cleaned floors, cleaned bathrooms, cooked some, cleaned kitchen every night, made coffee every night for the morning and took my meds.
11. Updated Quicken and balanced checking/savings accounts.
Today I ran to Kohl’s to spend my $30.00 in Kohl’s cash. I took DH along and he bought 3 new shirts. We paid $6.27 for them after using Kohl’s bucks. Then I ran up to a friend/former coworker’s to say goodbye. When I got to her house, I had to help her. She only has until Tuesday to pack as escrow closes on her house and she is moving to Michigan from here in Northern California. I started helping her pack her books…..oh my so many books she is moving….. and we finished up in about 3 hours. I did take a few breaks, but by the time we were done, I was ready to quit.
DH has gone camping with his hunting partner, so I have the weekend to myself. If the weather is nice, I will work in the garden. If it is not, I will work on the house, especially this:
I will be traveling next weekend to my nephew’s wedding in Washington State, but the really exciting thing is my sister bought me an Ikea bookcase that has cubbies that has an attached work desk. So I really need to get my office/craft room ready to really get organized when I bring that home! Good thing I bought all those Kohl’s baskets!
So in the meantime, I am going over to www.orgjunkie.com and checking out what everyone else is accomplishing. I try to leave a comment on everyone’s entry, but sometimes blogs will not accept my comments. I am not sure why, but I do try to read every entry. It helps me so much!
Until next time……